Single girder overhead crane is kind of small and light lifting equipment.
- It is widely used in industrial factory, warehouse, workshop, stock ground, workstation factory, goods yard etc.
- It looks like bridge, because both ends of girder are on the tall concrete column and metal support structure.
- It consists of metal structure, crane travelling mechanism, lifting mechanism, safety protection and operation.
AIMIX Group, a famous crane supplier and manufacturer, provides kinds of single girder travelling cranes with high quality and reasonable price. Our company provides light duty crane and heavy duty crane, such as single beam suspension light crane system 500kg, discount safety and reliable hoist double girder bridge crane 5t, 7 ton crane, 35 ton bridge crane for sale, discount kbk system, light crane system, magnet bridge crane for steel scrap, european style double girder bridge crane with hook, professional large crane hook with heavy capacity, explosion proof overhead traveling crane.
Why choose single girder travelling cranes?
Designed and produced according to national level, our crane has competitive advantages, which makes it popular in the crane industry.
1.Crane girder is composed of high quality steel and u-shaped slot, which is designed to resist all horizontal, vertical and torsional forces. Main girders are connected with bolts; end girder is welded with rectangular tubes or good steel.
2.Crane travelling mechanism uses respective drive.
- Cart travelling mechanism depends on two electric motors with conic rotor that drives active wheels through gear reduction unit.
- The compact structure makes it small and light.
- Assembly and adjustment is quick and easy.
- Crane span structure of single girder crane moves longitudinal on the tracks that are paved on the sides of support structure.
- It can take full advantage of room to lift material without obstacles of ground equipment.
- It is regarded as the hoisting machinery that is used with widest scope.
Electric hoist of single girder bridge crane
AQ-CD and AQ-MD electric hoist can be used with crane together. They are light type lifting equipment to improve efficiency and labor conditions. They have advantages of compact structure, convenient adjustment as well as small volume, light weight, heavy duty and easy operation, thus they are widely used to lift heavy goods in warehouse ,factory, mine, port etc. The main power of the crane is supplied by bus bar (slide wire) and current collector, the power of electric hoist is supplied by flexible cable.
Pay attention to crane safety
Crane safety is also the main point that users care about. When the lifting crane is overload, it will give a sharp warning for protecting itself. Once encounter some emergency situation, operator could start the emergency brake system to stay away from dangers as well as protect goods. At the same time, room- control or remote- control can avoid injury. What’s more, the motor has the function of thermal protection and currency protection, which makes it more reliable. All our products are checked carefully before leaving factory.
How to operate overhead single girder crane?
There are two control ways to operate single girder overhead crane in workshop. One is ground control and the other is cab control. Ground control has handle and remote control, in that way, users don’t need to set up special driver. The cab has two types: open type and close type. One can choose left or right installation according to the real condition. The open direction has end open, side open and top open. The cabin includes special small room for single-girder and capsule cabin. Users can choose any type in different conditions according to their practical needs
Overhead bridge crane has two types:
- Top running bridge crane
- Under running bridge crane (also called under hung crane)
A bridge crane system includes three major parts
The bridge crane, it traverses across the runway.
The hoist and trolley, it traverses across the bridge and lifts up and down.
The runway, it is tied to the building structure.
Top running VS under running
2.Support structure-under running crane can be suspended directly from the overhead steel(for lighter cranes). Top traveling crane needs a bracket off the building support steel(up to 10 ton capacity) or independent columns for heavier capacity.
If it doesn’t has issues with headroom, top running system is ok. The most space efficienct configuration is the double girder, top running crane system.
The above pictures show the three methods of supporting a top running crane.
The above picture shows a typical column point.
The above picture shows a typical runway cross section without the crane rail or fasteners.
Single girder crane VS double girder crane
A business that requires an overhead crane is typically in an industrial business where large components are often moved from one location to another. You could have a large warehouse, where multi-ton products are stored and shipped every day, and to properly move them you are going to need an overhead crane. You may not need a gantry crane which is much larger, typically coming with legs that extend at angles from the top beam, providing extra support. You may simply need a single or double overhead crane, each with either one or two girders.
1.Single Girder Overhead Crane
A single girder crane is going to have what is called a single bridge girder, one that will have two end trucks. The hoist, the component of the apparatus which is responsible for lifting everything, is going to move along the girder up above. Those that have single girders are typically designed for smaller amounts of weight, just a few tons at a time. However, if you need extra support because of the size of the materials you are moving, it double girder overhead crane is probably what you need.
2.Double Girder Overhead Crane
These are exactly the same as a single girder overhead crane except they have an additional girder. As you can imagine, this is added so that more weight can be lifted. Without this extra girder, it could compromise the entire system once you get over a certain amount of weight. That’s why you need to know how much the average weight is, as well as the maximum weight, of most of the products that you are going to be handling on a regular basis.
3.Where Should You Order These?
The materials that are going to be used can come from a local company, but it is rare that you will have one of these businesses near your town or city. Instead, the Internet can provide you with the names and numbers of businesses that can provide you with all of this material, many of which are overseas and can sell them to you for the least amount of money. When you are able to pay a worker pennies on the dollar in comparison to $70 to $100 per hour, it is so easy to get fantastic deals. The shipping may cost a substantial amount, depending upon the weight of the entire apparatus, but it will be well worth it once you have had it shipped and it is installed in place.
After you have installed either a single or double girder overhead crane, your production levels should increase dramatically. If you are in a building that has supporting structures that can be used, such as the steel beams that support the building that you are in, this can actually save you money if the contractors that install this can use what is there. Once it is in place, you will see that having one of these units is essential to productivity in this particular industry. You simply need to know how much the merchandise typically weighs, allowing you to make the right choice when choosing between single and double girder overhead cranes.
The advantages of single girder overhead crane
If you are getting ready to purchase an overhead crane, you may be trying to decide between a single girder crane and a double girder crane. Although each style has advantages and disadvantages, you may want to consider going with a single girder overhead crane. Here are just a few of the advantages that they offer:
1. Lower price. It goes without saying that single girder overhead cranes typically cost less than double girder cranes. When you think about it, it makes sense. After all, by eliminating one of the girders, far fewer materials are required to complete the design. Additionally, trolleys that are designed for single girder cranes are much simpler than those that are designed for double girder cranes. Again, this can help reduce the overall purchase price, making these cranes an economical option.
2. Lighter weight. By eliminating the second girder and much of the support structure required for a double girder crane, single girder models are much lighter weight. This can help reduce the structural support requirements for your building.
3. Less expensive installation. Thanks to their relatively light weight and minimalistic design, single girder cranes tend to be far cheaper to install. Oftentimes, there is no need to add additional structural support to the building in order to support the weight of the crane. The same can’t be said for double girder cranes, many of which are extremely heavy and require additional support. With a single girder crane, not only are you saving money on the cost of the crane itself but also on the cost of the installation. That is why these cranes are such a good choice for businesses that are working with limited budgets.
Features of single girder overhead crane
1. Simple and reasonable structure, high rigidity
2. Convenient manufacturing, strong versatility
3. Constant speed, stable travelling
4. Light working duty, light dead weight, light wheel-pressure
5. Tight dimensions, low building headroom
Get a free quote from us: